Monday 21 January 2008

Pet's Hotel

I spend the whole of Saturday looking for Pet Hotel at Pasir Ris Farmway. I was actually intending to take a look at the boarding place which my cats will be staying when I go away for holiday. I wouldn't able to forgive myself if I have let them gone and stay there when I'm away.

Sigh, first of all Pasir Ris Farmway location have hundreds of puppies plus boarding dogs, the barking are incredible. And most of the boarding house are mostly smelly and they are cages, some like big bird cage, some like our toilet cubicles, or prison cells. Yap! they are like prison cells, some place you send your pets away for punishment, all very depressing. Found one decent one at Edison, it is in-door, sounded proofed thus shutting the barking noise from the neigbhourhood, it is aircon-ed, no stinky smell, glass partition, with a koi pond outside. It is $30 per cat, pricey.

Another heart break situation I saw were many cats/pets ( group of 4- 10 ) were housed at these boarding home "long term". Which mean like left in there like old folks home kind of situation. I really don't know what to say, well if they are not home there (which is not cheap), they will either be put down, or become wandering strays who does not know how to survive outdoor on their own.

Sigh, Sterilize save lives.

3 Comments:

Blogger cat_aunty said...

Generally, staying in pet hotels is a traumatic experience for most cats. And they may contact fleas and diseases.

I hope you can find someone who drops by to your place once a day and just feed the kitties and change the bins.

Are the baby tabbies still available?

21 January 2008 at 08:56  
Blogger verywanderful said...

The last time I spoken to the nurse at the clinic she said the foster family loves all the kitten. So not sure if they will still keep 2 and have the rest adopted anot.
But all 5 are good, so i will keep you posted if they contact me. Thank you Cat Auntie

21 January 2008 at 09:52  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

Keep me posted.

22 January 2008 at 08:35  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home